GardenZest® is a global culinary herb brand developed by GardenGenetics™, and is undergoing a soft launch in 2022 via selected growers. GardenZest varieties are 100% developed by GardenGenetics, and are the culmination of more than a decade of methodical plant breeding in almost all species used as culinary herbs in North America.
GardenZest culinary herb varieties are breeder-designed to be:
- Intensely fragrant and flavorful
- Improved to be ornamental in appearance, and tasty in the kitchen
- Bushy and compact in the garden
- Slow-bolting (delayed flowering) for extended harvests
- Exceptionally productive in the garden (larger leaves, more harvests)
- Disease-tolerant to common garden pathogens
- Uniform in appearance and performance
GardenZest varieties that are designed to be produced from seed will be available from the wholesale seed trade. Commercial seed is produced and inventoried by Seeds by Design, Willows, CA.
GardenZest varieties that are designed to be produced from cuttings are available in the US from Kientzler North America (from Innovaplant Costa Rica) and from Quality Cuttings (Cuernavaca, MX). Both of these stock locations are represented by all US young plant brokers.
For more information about the GardenZest brand and breeding program, and for USNA market availability of GardenZest products, please contact Rick Grazzini, GardenGenetics.
Outside of the USNA markets, GardenZest varieties (both seed and URC) are represented by Plants for Europe. Contact Graham Spencer, Plants for Europe, for more information.